I like to describe myself as a Software Engineer and Technical Architect. I like solving problems using technology. As part of various roles I have played, I have been responsible for designing, developing, testing, deploying and monitoring highly scalable distributed applications and services.
While I was earning my bread and butter using Microsoft stack of technologies and trying my luck as a consultant, I got a chance to work for the Mothership itself. (Worked for Microsoft as a full-time employee in Redmond, WA). My focus as part of this role was to work as a DevOps/Site Reliability Engineer. The chief requirement of this role was to keep lights on in all data centres for the Windows Developer Center. While the Service Engineering aspect was the main thing, I used my architecture and software engineering background to develop tools for inside-out and outside-in monitoring as part of this job.
As a technical architect, I have worked in Accenture for about 10+ years. My role demands me to focus on –
- Demonstrate the technical leadership (whatever that means :)),
- Design systems technically,
- Propose standard design and architectural patterns & practices,
- Incorporate new requirements and
- Execute multiple quick (and sometimes dirty) prototypes
- Develop POVs
I have executed multiple clients facing projects. I have experience in
- designing and architecting systems for Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BCP/DR).
- architecting solutions for “Testing in production” (aka TIP).
- designing for extremely high scale (~ 30 million requests/day).
- implementing auto-healing, smooth traffic routing and eventual consistency in multiple projects.
I am in the Information Technology industry since 2001 working for various software organizations in India. I earned my Electronics Engineering degree in the year 2000, Diploma in Advanced Computing in the year 2001 and completed the Microsoft Certified Professional Developer and Enterprise Architect certification (MCPDEA) in the year 2007. I am also a Microsoft Azure Certified Developer and Architect.
*Technical Architecture, Microsoft Azure Platform, Microsoft .NET Platform, C#, ASP.NET*
- Implementing microservices using Azure Service Fabric
- Designing/Architecting/Building/Testing/Deploying apps/APIs using Windows Azure, SQL Azure, Azure Storage, REST/WCF, AppFabric Cache, Service Bus, Topic and Subscription, Access Control Services from last 7 years.
- Azure Application Architecture: Web Role, Worker Role, VM Role, admin mode, start-up tasks integrating with on-premise services using App Fabric Service Bus
- Azure Security Architecture: Web Role security using SSL, WCF Security using certificates, Data Encryption using certificates, Authentication using ADFS/STS, Single sign-on using ACS. Participated in ACE reviews, and provisioned related documentation/code
- Azure Operations Architecture: Logging and monitoring using Windows Azure Diagnostics, integration with AVICode, SCOM, disaster recovering and business continuity planning and implementation, automated builds and deployments.
- Azure Data Architecture: Understands SQL Azure, Windows Azure Storage (Tables, Blobs, Queues), Document DB, SQL Azure Data Sync, SQL Azure Federation etc.
- Deployment Architecture: Continuous integration and deployment. Auto Build, Deployment using Service Management APIs and PowerShell cmdlets
- Akamai – design and implement traffic management, caching using Akamai
- Azure traffic manager, CDNs, Azure Data Factory, Auto Scaling
- Deployment automation and synthetic monitoring using application insights
- Developing end to end APIs and applications using NET Web Forms, ASP.NET MVC, Web API
- Performance Testing: Performance, scalability testing using Visual Studio
- Automated Testing: Automated Unit Testing, Web Testing, Coded Unit Tests, Performance Testing etc. Tools – SpecFlow, Jmeter, Junit, NUnit, MoQ, Fluent Assertions, VSTS, GIT
- Big Data: Architected and developed a big solution using Windows Azure HD Insight, Hive queries